Robinson-Plumb Lodge #266 Free & Accepted Masons
 
Home
Lodge Officers
Past Masters
Photo Gallery
Our History
What is Freemasonry
Famous Masons
Structure of Masonry
Links of Interest
Sign/View Guestbook
Contact Us
 
History of Robinson #266 and Plumb #862
THE HISTORY OF ROBINSON LODGE #266 F&AM

Robinson Lodge #266 F&AM first met on the 3rd floor of a building on Eighth Street between Liberty Street and Jefferson Street. On September 1, 1853, a Charter was granted to Robinson Lodge #266 F&AM by the Grand Lodge of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, F&AM, and constituted James C. Robinson as its Master.

The By-Laws of Abraham Lodge #8 were adopted for the regular government of Robinson Lodge. Back in those days unanimous attendance was required for the two (2) St. John's Days, June 24 and December 27, and for the Funeral of a deceased Brother.

The Civil War caused the lodge to lose many members and by 1887 there were only about 35 members and the lodge was in a position to have to forfeit its charter. An attempt was made to consolidate with Compass Lodge #223 F&AM, but Robinson lodge was rejected by them. With only a very few members left, they decided to move to the West End of the city. They rented a meeting room at 25th and Market Street. Within a very short time Robinson Lodge took on a new life and prospered.

On October 11, 1906, Robinson Lodge F&AM dedicated their new lodge at 17th & Main Streets. Then, due to the depression 1929-1932, and the 1937 high flood waters, the building had to be sold, along with all its contents for $7,495.11. From that time on, the lodge met in various other lodge halls.

On December 15, 1988 Robinson Lodge #266 F&AM held its first meeting in its own new lodge hall, located at 6919 Applegate Lane, Louisville, Ky. 40228.

In the late summer of 2004, Robinson Lodge #266 F&AM received requests from two (2) lodges, Excelsior #258 F&AM and Compass #233 F&AM to consolidate. This request was made known to all the Craft in their respective lodges through Regular Stated Communications and made known to the Grand Lodge of Kentucky, F&AM.

With due and timely notice being given, each lodge held a vote and passed it. The details of the consolidation or merger, came to pass on May 31, 2005, and at that time Robinson Lodge #266 became larger, more energetic and vigorous going forward in a positive and robust way into the early years of the 21st century!

 
THE HISTORY OF PLUMB LODGE #862 F&AM

This is Kelley's Hall, where all stated meetings for Plumb Lodge #862 F&AM  where held prior to 1916.

 


This is the  Jacob's Addition School, which served as the second home of  Plumb Lodge #862 F&AM, where all stated meetings were held from September 8, 1916 to April 20, 1917.


This photo was taken at the laying of the cornerstone ceremony of our current building, held on March 3, 1917


The cornerstone that was placed in the structure of the Lodge on March 3, 1917


This photo was taken circa 1960's of the current building for Plumb Lodge #862 F&AM, which is located at the corner of Taylor Boulevard and Carlisle Avenue, Louisville, KY.


This is Plumb Lodge #862 F&AM, as it looked in 2008, and has now been sold in 2009, and now we meet at Robinson Lodge #266 F&AM Hall, located at 6919 Applegate Lane, here in Louisville, KY. 40228